- Shine shoes. To shine shoes, use the cotton tip of a Tampax Tampon to buff. Many soldiers in the United States military buff their shoes and boots with Tampax Tampons to achieve an impressive shine for inspections.
- Repel moles or gophers. Saturate a Tampax Tampon with Parsons’ Ammonia, insert the engorged cotton deeply into the tunnel opening, and fill the tunnel with dirt. The pungent fumes will prompt the animals to tunnel elsewhere.
- Stop wounds from bleeding. Use a tampon as a compress for wounds or lacerations to control heavy bleeding. In an emergency, you can hold the tampon in place with Scotch Packaging Tape or by tying it in place with Oral-B Glide Dental Floss.
- Deodorize your car. Instead of using a pine-scented tree, dampen a Tampax Tampon with Heinz White Vinegar and hang it from your rearview mirror by the convenient string.
- Hide money. Remove a Tampax Tampon from its wrapper, roll up your money tightly, insert it into the hollow end of the cardboard applicator, and then place the applicator back in the wrapper and back in the box.
- Deodorize shoes. Place a Tampax Tampon dampened with Heinz White Vinegar inside each shoe or sneaker overnight. By morning, odors will be gone.
- Clean eyeglasses. Rubbing the lenses of eyeglasses with a Tampax Tampon cleans them beautifully. The cotton absorbs grease and grime, without leaving behind any lint.
- Improvise earplugs. In an emergency, you can use two appropriate-sized Tampax Tampons as earplugs.
- Improvise a toothbrush. In a pinch, a Tampax Tampon can be used as a toothbrush.
Copyright © 1995-2019 Joey Green. "Tampax" is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble.