Page 1 | Page 2
- Wash excess hair coloring from hair. If you dye your hair too dark, wash your hair with Dawn Dishwashing Liquid to lighten the color.
- Clean soap scum from a bathtub. Pour Dawn Dishwashing Liquid on the stained area, let sit overnight, and rinse clean with water. Dawn Dishwashing Liquid cuts through grease and cleans older tubs without harming the finish.
- Wash a car. Mix one teaspoon Dawn Dishwashing Liquid and one gallon water, and use the soapy solution to wash your car. Dawn cuts through grease and also removes some or all of the protective wax, so you'll also have to re-wax the car.
- Kill fleas in carpeting. Pour one tablespoon Dawn Dishwashing Liquid into a sixteen-ounce trigger spray bottle, fill the rest of the bottle with water, shake well, and spray the carpet, upholstery, and floors. The soap dries up the insects, killing them almost instantly. Let sit for fifteen minutes, and then wipe the floors with a damp towel and vacuum the carpet.
- Kill fleas on a dog. Use Dawn Dishwashing Liquid in the dog's bath to shampoo the dog thoroughly. Rinse well to avoid irritating the dog's skin. The dishwashing liquid destroys the fleas' exoskeletons, killing them.
- Make your own household cleanser for walls and floors. Add one-half teaspoon Dawn dishwashing liquid, one-half cup 20 Mule Team Borax, and one teaspoon ammonia to two gallons warm water.
- Cleanse oily skin. Wash your face with a few drops of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid (famous for its ability to cut through grease) and warm water. Rinse well.
- Wash hairbrushes. Mix one tablespoon Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, one tablespoon 20 Mule Team Borax, and one-quarter cup water and soak dirty hairbrushes and combs in the solution. Rinse well and let dry.
- Repel insects from houseplants. Put a drop of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid in a spray bottle, fill the rest of the bottle with water, shake well, and mist your household plants with the soapy water.
- Shampoo hair. To cut through grease and grime in hair, use a few drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid as shampoo. The detergent in Dawn thoroughly cleanses hair.
- Remove any soot that has settled or hardened on the external decorative bricking of a fireplace. Mix equal parts Dawn Dishwashing Liquid and Morton Salt, and add enough water to make a cream. Rub the mixture into the brick surface with a cloth. Let dry for ten minutes, and then scrub with a stiff brush. Wipe clean with water and a sponge.
- Kill ants, wasps, or cockroaches. Pour one teaspoon Dawn Dishwashing Liquid into a sixteen-ounce plastic trigger-spray bottle, fill the rest of the bottle with water, shake well, and spray the ants with the non-toxic soapy solution. The soap penetrates their exoskeleton almost instantly, killing the pests.
- Make cleaning up after painting a snap. Before starting a paint job, rub a dollop of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid straight from the bottle over your hands and arms, and let dry. When you're finished painting, any paint will wash right off your skin.
Page 1 | Page 2
Copyright © 1995-2020 Joey Green. "Dawn" is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble.