- Clean grease from clothes. Rub a dollop of Cheez Whiz into the grease stain and run through a regular wash cycle with detergent. The enzymes in Cheez Whiz will help loosen the grease stain.
- Fight plaque. According to studies done by the Dow Institute for Dental Studies at the University of Iowa, eating 5 grams of cheddar cheese (less than an ounce) before meals eliminates the acid production of plaque.
- Make Cheez Whiz Burgers. Use Cheez Whiz instead of sliced cheese on your cheese burger.
- Condition hair and prevent split ends and frizzies. Massage Cheez Whiz into dry hair, cover with a shower cap for thirty minutes, then shampoo and rinse thoroughly.
- Make Cheez Whiz dip. Microwave one cup Cheez Whiz on medium for one minute, stir well, then heat for one more minute. Remove from microwave, stir well, and pour over nachos, tacos, or burritos. For more zest, stir a few drops of Tabasco pepper sauce into the melted Cheez Whiz.
- Train a dog or cat to stop begging or chewing. Fill or coat a rawhide bone or toy with Cheez Whiz and offer the treat to your dog or cat. When the animal starts chewing on the toy, encourage her, repeating the word “Chew!” with enthusiastic praise. Repeating this technique several times will eventually teach your pet to chew her toy whenever you say the word “Chew!”—instead of begging for table scraps or chewing the furniture.
- Make a Philly cheesesteak sandwich. In 1930, Pat Olivieri, owner of Pat's King of Steaks in Philadelphia, invented the Philly cheesesteak sandwich. In 1953, he substituted Cheez Whiz for the cheese. The recipe? Melt the Cheez Whiz over medium heat in a double boiler. Fry up chopped onions, mushrooms, and peppers in a little soybean oil until they get soft. Fry thin slices of rib-eye steak in soybean oil, chopping it as it cooks. Stuff the meat, onions, mushrooms, and peppers into a French-style Italian roll, slighlty warmed. Drizzle the Cheez-Whiz over the meat.
Remove blood stains from fabrics. Smear Cheez Whiz over the blood stain clothes or sheets, let sit for five minutes, then toss in your regular wash. The enzymes in the Cheez Whiz clean the blood stains from fabrics.
- Feed pill medication to a dog or cat. Place the pill in the palm of your hand, smother it with Cheeze Whiz, and let your dog or cat lap up the cheese, oblivious to the fact that he’s also consumed the pill.
- Shave. If you run out of shaving cream, slather on Cheez Whiz. The oils in the Cheez Whiz lubricate the skin for a close shave and a unique scent.
Copyright © 1995-2019 Joey Green. "Cheez Whiz" is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods.