Little-Known Uses for
- Repel mosquitoes. This skin cream also happens to double as the best mosquito repellent available, according to Outdoor Life, Field and Stream, and advice columnist "Dear Abby."
- Remove makeup. Rub a dab of Skin-So-Soft over your face, then wash clean with water.
- Get a suntan. Skin-So-Soft works as a suntan oil.
- Take a soothing bath. Add two tablespoons of Skin-So-Soft to a warm bath as a bath oil.
- Soften finger nails. Warm Skin-So-Soft and use as a hot oil treatment to soften nails.
- Enjoy a massage. Skin-So-Soft is an excellent massage oil.
- Relieve itching from insect bites. Applying Skin-So-Soft over the affected areas alleviates itching.
- Repel insects. Sponge Skin-So-Soft on screen doors and around door jambs and windows to keep out crawling bugs, flies, and mosquitoes.
- Polish wood surfaces. Squeeze Skin-So-Soft onto a soft cloth to clean and polish natural wood.
- Clean grease and dirt. Squeeze Skin-So-Soft onto a soft cloth to remove grease stains from formica surfaces and oven range hoods.
- Remove chewing gum from hair or carpeting. Rub a dollop ofSkin-So-Soft into the bubble gum.
- Remove dried glue and gum left from price tags and labels from glass, metals, and most plastics. Apply Skin-So-Soft and wipe clean.
- Clean ink from hands and vinyl surfaces. Apply Skin-So-Soft and wipe clean.
- Clean grease and oil from skin. Rub Skin-So-Soft into the skin and wash clean with water.
- Clean soap scum. Skin-So-Soft removes soap scum from shower doors, shower curtains, windows, and bathroom and kitchen fixtures.
- Remove lime and hard water deposits from windows, fixtures, shower doors, and tile. Apply Skin-So-Soft to a cloth and wipe clean.
- Remove tar spots from car finishes without damaging the finish. Apply Skin-So-Soft to a cloth and rub until the tar glides off.
- Lubricate pipe joints. Skin-So-Soft works as an oil lubricant for fitting pipe joints together.
- Clean oil-based paint from hands. Skin-So-Soft removes paint and stain from hands more gently than turpentine.
- Clean paint brushes. Skin-So-Soft leaves paint brush bristles feeling soft as new.
- Remove ring-around-the-collar. Skin-So-Soft removes the dirt rings in collars when rubbed into the fabric.
- Remove candle wax. Rub a dollop of Skin-So-Soft to remove candle wax from furniture, carpeting, and clothing.
- Remove scuff marks from patent leather shoes. Apply Skin-So-Soft to a soft cloth and rub into the patent leather.
- Pry apart two bowls or glasses. Dribble a few drops of Skin-So-Soft down the sides, then slip the bowls or glasses apart.
- Clean vinyl car upholstery. Apply Skin-So-Soft to a soft cloth and wipe down the seats and other vinyl surfaces.