Little-Known Uses for
- Cure Acne. Use a cotton ball to dab Listerine on blemishes.
- Fertilize a lawn. Jerry Baker, author of The Impatient Gardener, suggests mixing one cup Listerine, one cup Epsom salts, one cup liquid soap, and one cup ammonia in a one-quart jar, filling the rest of the jar with beer. Spray this on up to 2,500 square feet of lawn with a hose-attached sprayer in May and again in late June.
- Use as a deodorant. Listerine helps kill the bacteria that cause perspiration odor. Dab it under your arms.
- Eliminate mildew odors. Wipe with full-strength Listerine.
- Disinfect wounds. Listerine works as an astringent when poured on a laceration or abrasion.
- Disinfect a washing machine at a laundromat. To avoid getting germs from another family, wipe off the surface of the machine with Listerine and add one-half cup Listerine to the wash cycle to disinfect the machine.
- Prevent dandruff. Wash your hair with Listerine.
Get a FREE
downloadable copy of
75 Amazing Uses
when you subscribe to our FREE monthly Wacky Uses Newsletter!
Click here to see a sample Newsletter.
We respect your right to privacy and
NEVER sell or rent our subscriber list.
Unsubscribe at any time.