Little-Known Uses for
Irish Spring® Soap
- Repulse deer. Drill a hole in a wrapped bar of Irish Spring Soap and, using string, hang it around crops. Deer mistake the smell of deodorant soap for humans, and flee.
- Freshen the air in your car. Place a wrapped bar of Irish Spring Soap under the front seat.
- Lubricate zippers. Rub the teeth of the zipper with a bar of Irish Spring Soap to make the zipper glide easier.<
- >Prevent campfire soot from sticking to the bottom of pots and pans. Thinly coat the bottoms of pots and pans with Irish Spring Soap before putting them over an open fire.
- Prevent musty suitcases. Place a wrapped bar of Irish Spring Soap inside empty luggage before storing.
- Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a wrapped bar of Irish Spring Soap in your shoes or sneakers overnight so they’ll smell great in the morning.
- Stop insect bites from itching. Apply wet Irish Spring Soap to the bite. When the soap dries, the skin will feel anesthetized.
- Lubricate furniture drawers and windows. Rub Irish Spring Soap on the casters of drawers and windows so they slide open and shut easily.
- Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place a wrapped bar of Irish Spring Soap at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
- Make a pin cushion. Using a wrapped bar of Irish Spring Soap as a pin cushion makes needles glide through fabric.
- Lubricate a handsaw blade. Rub a bar of Irish Spring Soap across the sides and teeth of the saw to help the blade glide through wood.
- Fix small holes in walls. Rub a bar of Irish Spring Soap over the hole until it looks flat and even, then paint.
- Lubricate nails and screws. Nails and screws rubbed with Irish Spring Soap will go in easier.
- Freshen the air in your drawers or closets. Place a wrapped bar of Irish Spring Soap in dresser drawers or the linen closet to keep them smelling fresh.
Get a FREE
downloadable copy of
75 Amazing Uses
when you subscribe to our FREE monthly Wacky Uses Newsletter!
Click here to see a sample Newsletter.
We respect your right to privacy and
NEVER sell or rent our subscriber list.
Unsubscribe at any time.