Little-Known Uses for
Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- Prevent diaper rash. Use Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening as a balm on a baby's behind.
- Prevent snow from sticking to a shovel. Lubricate the shovel with Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening before you start shoveling.
- Clean grease and dirt from hands. Rub in Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening before using soap.
- Make white clown makeup. Mix two tablespoons Kingsford's Cornstarch with one tablespoon of Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening. For colored make-up, add a few drops of food coloring.
- Remove lipstick from clothes. Rub in a dab of Crisco All Vegetable Shortening, then rinse the stained area with Canada Dry Club Soda.
- Season new cast-iron cookware. Rub the cookware with a thin coating of solid, unsalted Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening, bake in an oven heated to 200 degrees Fahrenheit for two hours. Repeat this procedure after the first few times of use.
- Revitalize wooden salad bowls. Rub with Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening inside and out, let sit overnight, then remove excess with paper towels.
- Clean ink from hands and vinyl surfaces. Apply Crisco All Vegetable Shortening and wipe clean.
- Preserve a wooden cutting board. Rub with Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening over the cutting board, let sit overnight, then remove excess with paper towels.
- Polish rubber galoshes. Rub on Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening.
- Remove homemade candles from molds easily. Rub a thin coat of Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening on the inside of the candle mold before pouring in the hot wax.
- Remove tar from clothing. Scrape off as much tar as possible, place a lump of Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening over the spot, wait three hours, then wash.
Get a FREE
downloadable copy of
75 Amazing Uses
when you subscribe to our FREE monthly Wacky Uses Newsletter!
Click here to see a sample Newsletter.
We respect your right to privacy and
NEVER sell or rent our subscriber list.
Unsubscribe at any time.